The House of Zion was formed in 1967 when Ed Rosen, an avid Israel stamp collector, realized there were very few dealers specializing in Israel, Judaica and Holy Land stamps and covers. Originally setup to attend local shows in the San Francisco Bay Area, Ed realized quickly, there was a huge need for mail auctions and want lists. Their first auction was held in 1972, with just over 150 lots. Today, House of Zion, has probably the largest stock of Holy Land, Palestine, WWI, 1948 Interim/Locals, Doar Ivri, Israel, Judaica, Anti-semitic, and Synagogue Postcards in the world.
In the over 40 years in business, the House of Zion has auctioned off some of the largest philatelic holdings in the field.
The House of Zion has over 2,000 customers scattered across the world. Auctions are held twice a year, with a printed and fully illustrated catalogue and “Net Price Sales” once a year. Customers can bid by maill, fax, phone or electronically.